Friday, September 16, 2016

Change is good

Where do I begin, a lot and I mean a lot has transpired since my last blog. Trey and I got married on 9/3/14 and that was the beginning of our life together. Even though we were together 11 years by that point in time, now fast forward to day, we are together 13 years and have just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary. August was a trying month to say the least, we have been both dealing with issues, one mainly that Trey is bipolar and has been newly diagnosed in the beginning of the year, so I have had to learn to tailor my way of dealing with emotions/non emotions, and it has been a battle to say the least. Just as I thought I have conquered one hurdle, I was thrown for a loop, (well not really) but yea I was. Trey came out to me that he is trans and does not feel comfortable in his body, and would like to now transition. I have had mixed emotions about this because in the past I have been with partners and they have wanted to do the same thing. I think it is who I am drawn too. Now not too many people know as this is still new and he is in the process of searching out endocrinologists etc to start the process. What I find most interesting about this was that after Trey came out to me, he was expecting one, for me to run, and leave which I have no intentions of doing, and 2 that he feels so much more at east, and freeer (sp) if that is a word). It is hard to explain, and what I am curious about is that I am seeing no signs of bi-polar. So that has me baffled as to whether the emotions/non-emotions, anger, etc all have to do with this battle of 10 years that he has been dealing with and not being able or feeling safe to bring it out in the open. Fast forward again to today, where I feel more perfect and in love with Trey then I ever have. It is like our relationship started a new, a new beginning, a new ending and a new world of wonder. This is all still a learn in progress for me, as I have been doing research left and right about this, and I think I am over obsessing with this, but I have joined some FB support groups , Partners of FTM, Wives/Spounses of FTM and they have been very helpful. I am excited and nervous for this next step into the unknown, but as long as I provide a safe space for Trey and our lines of communication remain open, we will continue to be unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment