Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weekend wishes

Today I’m in a pretty good mood, its Wednesday, it’s the middle of the week, I’m in a groove at work, and I’m looking forward to our weekend. We are planning on going to the Puppy Pasta dinner on Friday, it is the Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter’s fund raiser. We have gone every year, so it is a kind of a tradition, its very low key, but we always go to the events the shelter has, so it is definitely for a good cause. This weekend in Chambersburg is the annual Ice fest, which we go to. There are sculptures through out the town, not to mention we hit up all of our favorite thrift stores in town, so we kinda make a day of it. This past weekend we found a hidden gem in Chambersburg, it was a local farmer’s market, where we got the best deals on fresh meat and that is where we bought the chipped beef that I made last night for dinner. It was less saltier than the store bought kind, plus everything I made was from scratch, so no prepackaged crap. We also will head to Sears to pick up our over the stove microwave that we had on layway, so it will be just another notch closer to the kitchen cabinets being installed on that one side of the wall. We need two more cabinets, so I’m hoping with my tax refund and my bonus in March, we will be able to secure a bunch of stuff for the house. My plan is, now this is only a plan, but I want to order 3 windows for upstairs in our room. When we first purchased the house that was the first thing we did was get new windows downstairs, minus the laundry room and side room windows because there is like fifty million windows on the first floor alone. So we kept it in the back of our heads that we are doing it in stages, well just so happens the 2nd stage is this year. Our projects are fluent but stop and go, only because money becomes a factor and I’d rather pay things in cash then try to go in debt for items. This is the new year, so I’m going to keep things going on a good track. Anyways, after we pick up the microwave, I want to make some homemade laundry detergent again. I have been making the liquid kind since 2008 and now I saw a recipe for making a years worth of detergent for $30.00, but it is the dry kind, so I’m going to try that. Frugal, that is the key here people, remember that! Plus I’d like to make some homemade dog biscuits from this book I have. If H is better, we are planning on going out on Saturday night with friends, to dance and shoot pool, and maybe, just maybe my other half will not be drunk on rum and coke the next day. Sunday is the super bowl and it is normally a low key day for us, we do stuff around the house, and I’ll be making wings and going to try those potato skins
and maybe some of that pizza dip I saw recipe for. So this is what I look forward to, to get me thru the week, and to keep me sane. Lets just hope everything continues as planned and runs smoothly, because I’m a creature of reaction, of something throws me off, my mind goes helter skelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment