Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's a new day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I’m starting anew…It is gorgeous outside, and I’m going to make everything about today and the next days positive. We have had some down moments in our families recently from Heathers’ grandfather being in the hospital since February 1, my dad’s health and dealing with Parkinson’s and dementia; my mom’s health with caring for my father, and just last Friday, Heather’s Aunt Peggy passed away suddenly without any warning. So after going to a viewing last night and putting myself in the shoes of others…I cannot even fathom the idea of what I have in my future, but I’m going to try very hard to be optimistic and believe that I have lots of good times and good days left to spend with the ones I love and cherish with all my heart. So even though today is the funeral, I am at work as I couldn’t get off work due to her not being a “relative” and not having enough vacation time to take without jeopardizing my days already scheduled, I’m going to try to make the best out of a sad day. I’m going to try to block the sadness and the thoughts that always surface one way or another, but they are now blocked in my head, so I’m done talking about hospitals, death, dying, sickness and any other stress that accompanies this. “It’s a new day……”

No comments:

Post a Comment